Over the past year, we’ve tested the efficacy of using chat on websites. Since most of our clients are countertop fabricators or countertop retailer stores we see the benefit of using live chat, not chatbot on their websites.
Live chat is a powerful tool that can help businesses improve their customer service and increase customer satisfaction. According to a study by Forrester, customers who use live chat are 2.8 times more likely to convert than those who don’t. Here are some of the benefits of live chat:
- Improved customer support experience: Customers prefer live chat because it lets them get their questions answered immediately. With live chat, you give customers a way to reach you in the exact moment that they have questions or problems they can’t solve. This feels much better than sending an email to a support team; with email, it’s hard to know when you’ll get a response back. The immediacy of getting help is likely why customer satisfaction ratings tend to be higher for live chat than other types of support.
- Increased customer acquisition and onboarding: Live chat is a great way to connect with prospective and new customers and give them the confidence they need to use your product or spend money on your website. Being available to help builds trust, even if your customers don’t need to talk right then and there.
- Better agent productivity: Live chat can boost agent productivity by allowing them to handle multiple chats at once. This means that agents can help more customers in less time, which can lead to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Improved customer retention: Live chat can help improve customer retention by providing a more personalized experience. In an ongoing chat, agents can observe a customer’s tone and sentiment and adjust their styles to fit the situation best. By mirroring style or adjusting formality to match a customer’s, agents can quickly build rapport and establish a friendly, helpful relationship.
- Inform product decisions: Live chat can also inform product decisions by providing valuable feedback from customers. By monitoring chat transcripts, businesses can identify common issues and pain points that customers are experiencing. This information can then be used to improve products and services.
In conclusion, live chat is a powerful tool that can help businesses improve their customer service, increase customer satisfaction, and drive sales. By providing immediate support, building trust, and improving agent productivity, live chat can help businesses stay competitive in today’s fast-paced digital world.
Our live chat offers 24 hour by 365 day coverage and only charges on successfully generated leads at $9.99 per lead. We found this model works the best because our clients know exactly what they are paying for.